Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
So easy, delightful, and delicious.
Make and share this Carrots Scented With Cardamom and Fennel recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g carrot, julienned
- 78.07 ml water
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml honey
- 4.92 ml cardamom seed, ground
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pot and stir to coat the carrots evenly.
- Set over a medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tender.
A friend dropped off carrots plucked fresh from her garden and I wanted to serve them in a way that showcased the carrots without covering their natural flavors. I love the way cardamom and honey play off each other but was uncertain about the fennel. That said, fennel is a favorite and works so well with carrots I decided to go for it. Boy am I glad I did as these were just delightful and quickly devoured. My own version used light butter but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks!! Made for Photo Tag.
Delicious! I halved the recipe and cooked down to make a glaze. Good and healthy too! Thanks! Made for Photo tag.