1/3 Photos of Carrots in Vinegar (Cenouras Em Conserva)
magpie diner's Note:
Recipe from a cookbook from the Algarve region of Portugal. Simple simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and wash the carrots and slice them into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- 2Blanch the carrots in boiling salted water for about 7-8 minutes. You want them cooked, but not overcooked - firm to the bite. Strain and set aside to cool.
- 3In a bowl combine the vinegar and garlic. Add in the cooled carrots and mix well. Stir gently enough to not break the pieces of carrot.
- 4Refrigerate for at least three hours, stirring every now and again.
- 5Arrange the carrots on a platter surrounded by the olives if you like.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrots in Vinegar (Cenouras Em Conserva)
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g