Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is spectacular, soft, and very sweet.
- 2 lbs carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 4 graham crackers (or graham cracker crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter, not melted
- Boil carrots until they are very soft and can easily be mashed.
- Process carrots in food processor or blender with butter, eggs, and sugar.Blend well until smooth.
- Separate a small amount of this mixture in a bowl and add flour and baking powder. Stir this.
- Add this mixture to the carrot blend and mix well.
- Add spices and almond or vanilla extract.
- Pour into lightly greased casserole or souffle dish.
- Crush graham crackers or use graham cracker crumbs and chop walnuts. Mix together.
- Add brown sugar.
- Add small bits of butter, rolling it around with your fingers in the crumbly mix to make small lumps of crumble.
- Add crumble topping to the casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I made this Christmas eve, my mother asked for the recipe, and everyone raved. This is something I cant wait to make again!