Recipe by Inge 1505
A refreshing, quick little Indian salad that is best as an accompanyment to some spicy food to cool you down.
Top Review by Dominique353
This was a quick and easy salad. It had all of the things in it that my 2yr old nephew likes: carrots, "apples" (red peppers), and NUTS! I used almonds which I chopped up, some small, some big and toasted in the toaster oven. It was a good salad to go along with rice, roti, and recipe#58584.
- 1 cup carrot, scraped and shredded
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cashews or 3 tablespoons almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cilantro or 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- If very moist, press shredded carrots dry before mixing the salad. Mix carrots, bell pepper, cashews and salt.
- In a small pan heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add mustard seeds and fry until they sputter and turn grey.
- Pour oil and seeds over salad, add herbs and toss to mix. Serve.