Add in about 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or cloves if desired! I made these muffins using 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1/2 cup oil and they still turned out wonderful...frost them with cream cheese frosting!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 medium carrots (use enough carrots to measure 2 cups shredded)
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large granny smith apple
- Set oven to 350 degrees (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease 18 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, then add in both sugars.
- Coarsley chop enough carrots to measure 2 cups packed.
- Add in the carrots with coconut and raisins to the flour mixture; toss well to combine.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Peel, core and shred the apple, the add the shredded apple with the egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir JUST until combined well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin tins filling almost three-quarters full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until muffins test done.