Recipe by abraham r.
From "The Complete Idiots Guide to Homemade Ice Cream" comes this interesting ice cream flavor. The servings is a guesstimate of mine.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots until tender.
- Drain carrots and save 1/4 cup liquid. Allow to cool.
- In a double boiler, or heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook whole milk and cornstarch until mixture forms a soft paste.
- Remove cornstarch mixture from heat and allow to cool. If lumpy, pass through a sieve.
- If not already pureed, puree carrots in a food processor or blender, adding reserved carrot water if needed.
- In a mixing bowl combine carrots, cornstarch mixture and light cream; mix well.
- Cool mixture to 40 degrees Fahrenheit in refrigerator.
- Place cold mixture into the ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.