Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Carrot - Ginger Biscuits
Make and share this Carrot Ginger Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda, ginger and salt. In a small bowl, stir together the carrot, yogurt, oil and honey.
- Add carrot mixture to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough until 1/2" thick.
- Using a 2 1/4" biscuit cutter or glass , cut out rounds, gently rerolling the scraps, to form 12 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them 1" apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.
Not all that exciting or flavorful. Next time I'll add more honey, perhaps use vanilla yogurt or sugar. Otherwise, they're too bland, even for biscuits.