1/1 Photo of Carrot Coconut Brownies
A different kind of brownies. Makes a chewy and moist bar. Taken from "The Brownie Experience".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup finely grated carrot, packed
- 1/3 cup diced dried pineapple
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 9 inch square pan.
- 2In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices; set aside.
- 3In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and beat in sugar, then egg and vanilla. Stir in carrots and flour mixture thoroughly. Fold in pineapple, coconut, raisins and walnuts. Combine gently. Pour into pan.
- 4Bake 30 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan.
- 5Frost with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting and let set until firm.
- 6Mark into bars. Chill, then cut through bars with a sharp knife.
- 7Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- 8Blend cream cheese with orange juice and vanilla.
- 9Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until creamy. Blen in orange rind.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Coconut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 96.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: