Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A different combo for soup, but so yummy, I also like to add in 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic when sauteeing the veggies and ham.
Top Review by HotPepperRosemaryJelly
This was absolutely delicious! DH made it and I supervised from my perch with comfy pillows! Sniff, cough, hack, blow...Have a flu bug and love to be waited on! This was easy and instead of cooked ham we cut up some Canadian Bacon! Very good and very yummy!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup diced fully-cooked ham
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth cook and stir over med heat for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, onions and ham; cook, and stir for 1 min, then gradually add broth;.
- Bring to a light boil, and stir 2 minutes.
- Add cheese, parsley, and pepper;.
- Heat until cheese is melted, and veggies are tender.