Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
A different combo for soup, but so yummy, I also like to add in 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic when sauteeing the veggies and ham.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth cook and stir over med heat for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, onions and ham; cook, and stir for 1 min, then gradually add broth;.
- Bring to a light boil, and stir 2 minutes.
- Add cheese, parsley, and pepper;.
- Heat until cheese is melted, and veggies are tender.
This was absolutely delicious! DH made it and I supervised from my perch with comfy pillows! Sniff, cough, hack, blow...Have a flu bug and love to be waited on! This was easy and instead of cooked ham we cut up some Canadian Bacon! Very good and very yummy!
Yum! I added a parsnip and didn't have parsley on hand so used fresh thyme. Whole family loved it. Makes great leftover soup for lunches too.
This is a really great out-of-the-ordinary soup! This was a very enjoyable lunch; I loved the carrots and ham together. I doubled the recipe, and used a chopped leek in place of the green onions. I also added some dried tarragon. American cheese would go well in this soup, too. Depending on your brand of ham, cheese and the broth used, some people may find this to be salty. Perhaps use low-sodium broth (or low-sodium ham) and/or use half broth and half milk or water. Thanx for a new and different soup, Kittencal! I'll make this again.