Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
with this I have just made a mixture of different veggies plus what they call for.
- 4 medium carrots, chunked
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup swiss cheese or 1 cup med cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Put carrots, florets, cook till tender.
- Place immedietly in cold water.
- In pan melt marge, stir in flour& mustard.
- cook till bubbly, remove, add broth& cream.
- cook till thick.
- Add cheese, melt.
- add sauce to veggies.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes@ 350.
Sinfully rich and cheesey! I love cauliflower and carrots, but I think those who aren't fond of these veggies would love them in this recipe. I'd rather eat a second (or third) serving of this instead of dessert! The recipe didn't mention where the green onions go, so I put the white parts right in the sauce and sprinkled the green parts on top. Thanx for sharing this. I'll be repeating this one.