Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Swedish Carrot Pudding from the Brantford, KS Evangelical Covenant Church Recipe Book.
- 1 lb uncooked carrot
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cooking liquid
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (if needed)
- Cook carrots in salted water until done. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Place carrots in blender (or mixer or food processor) and add the 1/2 cup liquid, then add the evaporated milk.
- Blend for just a few seconds, then add other ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into buttered casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 1 hour or until firm.
I made this for a Swedish themed book club meeting and I think it turned out pretty yummy. I think it makes a great side dish. Different and very tasty. Thanks for posting!
Very easy, to make. I agree it does deserves a different name, it's not at all like a casserole, more of a creamy puree type thing, with a hint of nutmeg but perfect whatever the name is. But hey whats in a name when the finished product speaks so well for itself !!!! Fantastic recipe and something a little different to serve as a side dish. 10 out of 10... Thanks Kymmarie, wonderful recipe to make again!!!!
This is great! Very easy to make, too. It deserves a better name - maybe carrot souffle?