Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This rich, moist cake is best made at least a day ahead of serving.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded organic carrots (they're sweeter)
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray or oil and flour.
- In a large bowl beat sugars, oil, ricotta cheese and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir into first mixture.
- Fold in pineapple, carrots, walnuts and raisins.
- Bake 1 hour, or until center is done.
- Cool and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.
- Keep refrigerated after frosting.