Recipe by MarissaB
I got this from http://www.eatmedelicious.com/2008/09/carrot-cake-oatmeal.html and think it sounds delicious!
Top Review by SoupCookie
I tried it. I ended up adding 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp each ginger and nutmeg, 2 Tbsp. raisins and a whole extra Tbsp. of brown sugar to get the "cake" taste I was hoping for.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon coconut (shredded unsweetened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rolled oats, soy milk, water, carrots and salt in a saucepan.
- Turn heat to medium and stir occasionally until mixture comes almost to a boil and most of the liquid is absorbed (about 5-7 minutes).
- When the oats are done, stir in vanilla and brown sugar.
- While oats are cooking, make "icing" by blending the plain yogurt with the maple syrup; toast the pecans in the toaster oven for a few minutes (watch them carefully).
- Pour the oats into a bowl and top with the coconut, pecans, and icing.