Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was found on Mimi's Cafe website. I very rarely post recipes for things I haven't made, but since it was on their website am posting it before it's lost. I am anxious to hear if you think it tastes like what is served in the restaurants. (Note: After testing this recipe, I would use 1/2 C oil and 1/2 C applesauce.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar and eggs.
- Stir the liquid mixture into the flour mixture; mix well. Add the nuts, pineapple, raisins and carrots; stir again.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan or four mini-loaf pans. Fill the pans two-thirds full with batter. Bake for about 30 minutes for a 9-inch pan or until knife comes out clean when tested. (Mini loaves take about 20 minutes.).
Sorry, this recipe was NOT found on Mimi's website as they do not offer this recipe. Way too oily-not the same.
Nothing like Mimi's. Sorry but I did not like this recipe at all.
Delicious! The only change I made was to use applesauce for half the oil to cut the calories. Everyone loved it!