Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my daughter's favorite foods. Carrot and rutabaga really complement each other's flavors. If I double this, I try to buy small rutabagas because they are easier to cut into chunks. I have had this recipe for many years and I believe it came from either Gourmet or Bon Appetit. I am just guessing on the preparation time.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the carrots and rutabagas for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash by hand or in a food processor until coarse.
- Blend in butter, a pinch of sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
I love this. It was the first time I had even tried rutabaga and I am SOLD.I did add a little heavy cream for an extra creamy texture since I didn't use a food processor. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing Barbara!
Super tastey and super easy! Loved by the whole family-21 months to 30 years. We didn't have exactly enough carrots so I just used whatever I had and it turned out great! Thanks!!
This was a very easy tastey twist on my regular plain mashed rutabaga. I left mine a little chunky since that's how we all like them. But the combo worked and blended very well! I'll do this again!