Recipe by JustJanS
I came up with this as a side for a fish curry we ate last night. I have a hand held tool that shreds carrots in long strips. You could just grate the carrot if you don't have the same. I'm in a remote area so used dried mint, feel free to use fresh as I would if I could get it!
Top Review by NurseJaney
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #79*This was REALLY good ! This was my mom's favorite salad in the 50's -- only made w/carrots, raisins, and Miracle Whip ---I hated it !! The seasonings were just perfect, even though I had to use ginger in a squeeze tube --- gave a nice zingy, zip ! I'll be serving ths often. Thanks for posting, Jan !
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- salt and pepper