Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Carabba's restaurant chicken copycat recipe I want to try.
Make and share this Carrabba's Chicken Gratella recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml fresh basil leaf
- 59.14 ml garlic clove
- 78.07 ml fresh mint leaves
- 7.39 ml salt
- 3.69 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 177.44 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 9.85 ml white wine vinegar
- 1360.77 g chicken breasts
- Place the basil, garlic, mint, salt, pepper, and oregano in a mortar and pulverize until mixture turns into a paste.
- Place the paste in a glass jar and add the olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar.
- Before using, bring to room temperature and shake well. The sauce will hold in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- Lightly coat the chicken breasts with herb garlic sauce on both sides, season with sal and pepper to taste and place on hot grill.
- Cook until done, coat whit herb garlic sauce mixture.
This is a very flavorful way to prepare chicken when you don't have time to marinade it! I used 2 t of jarred fresh basil in place of the basil leaves, and will definitely be making this again!
Kind of funny that I ran across this recipe as this is one of the two things that I order every time when dining at Carrabba's although they now call it their grilled chicken breast. The other entree that I really like is their marinated veal chop which they only have occasionally. Anyway, I followed the recipe to the letter and this is identical to the original! My grill is gas so I used Mesquite chips in a little smoker box to come as close to replicating Carrabba's wood grill. Thanks Jellyko, this was awesome and will definitely be making this again, and again, and........:-)