Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I LOVE this cake using Blueberry Filling, as I am not a Cherry Filling person... I also love using Fruit Cocktail for the fruit... The top of the batter sinks to the bottom and the bottom rises to the top, hence the name "Crazy Cake". I see a few recipes here for it, but they are a lot different than this cake is... You can change the pie filling, using strawberry, or blueberry if you like those better!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple or 1 (20 ounce) canany kind fruit
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) canyour favorite pie filling
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Spread pineapple on bottom of cake pan.
- Spread Cherry Pie Filling over pineapple.
- Spread cake mix dry over Cherry Pie Filling.
- Pour melted butter over cake mix.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Bake at 350, for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Used Blueberry Pie filling and everyone really liked it. We had along with a huge scoop of Vanilla ice cream while the cake was still warm. I think I may try Strawberry next time or maybe fruit cocktail. Sounds good to me! Valerie