Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I don't know who Carol is. I only think I got this recipe when we were visitng friends in Loretto, Tennesse. This is really delicious, an unusual way of achieving dessert. Cook time is actually chilling time
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄8 cup butter, melted,at room temperature
- 1 box vanilla wafer
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 bag of shredded coconut
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Mix pineapple, sugar, pecans and butter.
- Line an 8 inch square pan with vanilla wafers Pour pineapple mixture over vanilla wafers Cover pineapple mixture with another layer of vanilla wafers Cover vanilla wafers with cool whip.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of cool whip.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.