This is a delicious recipe from my mother in law. She's made this for many years, and the recipe was in our church cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place halibut in a buttered baking dish.
- 3In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, wine, onion powder (to taste), and garlic powder (to taste).
- 4Bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven, sprinkle the cheese over, and return to oven and bake until cheese is bubbly and fish is done, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6Alternate method: microwave halibut until almost done (about 12-15 minutes) and add cheese and continue about a minute or two until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Cheddar Halibut With Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 41.0 g