Carol's Cheddar Halibut With Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place halibut in a buttered baking dish.
- In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, wine, onion powder (to taste), and garlic powder (to taste).
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle the cheese over, and return to oven and bake until cheese is bubbly and fish is done, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Alternate method: microwave halibut until almost done (about 12-15 minutes) and add cheese and continue about a minute or two until the cheese is melted.