Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Altho I posted the original recipe I rec'd from my sister, I am posting this one with the changes I've made to reduce calories and fat.
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (I use Splenda)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar substitute (I use 1/2 c Splenda brown sugar sub)
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a lg bowl, combine the 1st eight ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 8x8x2" baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins or til set.
- Serve with additional milk, if desired. (I eat is "as is.").
- I like to add cinnamon both in batter and sprinkle some on top.
- I add raisins (nuked w/ a little water til softened), apples, or any kind of fruit I happen to have on hand, as well as nuts, to mixture.
- Sometimes I use all brown sugar instead of white and brown.
Delicious-and I don't like oatmeal.
A really good lower calorie breakfast recipe. I have tried several baked oatmeal recipes, and I like this one best. thanks for sharing it!
Mmmmm, this was good. I had 2 helpings with milk & could have had more. I did add raisins & cinnamon & will probably experiment with some different add ins next time.