Here's a must for parties, football Sundays, or other crowd-oriented events. If there are any leftovers (doubtful!), this is also a wonderful baked potato topper...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced (or about 1/4 tsp. garlic powder)
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups Pace Picante Sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional, if you don't like the extra heat)
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in large skillet until well browned; drain grease.
- Add remaining ingredients; cook on medium till cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Stir often.
- Serve warm with corn chips, nachos, potato chips, etc.
- NOTE: A crock pot is useful for keeping this dip warm. This same recipe may be made in a crock pot (on low temp.).
Wow! Beefy, cheesy and hot! A meal itself.
I had many raves about this dip! I served in in a fondue pot to keep it warm for the party. It's on my list to make again! Thanks for the recipe.