Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Pol Martin Cookbook.
Make and share this Carolina Beef and Beans recipe from Food.com.
- place beans in saucepan and pour in water. bring to boil over med heat. boil 7 minutes. remove saucepan from heat and let stand for 1 hour.
- heat oil in large saucepan over med heat. add short ribs and sear 4 minutes.
- add onion and celery, mix well and continue cooking 4 minutes.
- add garlic, seasonings and carrot. drain beans and add to saucepan. correct seasoning. add 5 cups cold water, stir and bring to boil.
- partly cover and cook 1 1/2 hours over med heat. stir occasionally.