This is not for the faint of heart, literally, or anyone trying to diet. Years ago some friends at work asked me to come up with a creamy version of shrimp scampi and this is the result. Note: Sometimes I saute the shrimp, but if I'm in a hurry super market steamed shrimp work just fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, steamed
- 1 lb fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 quarts boiling salt water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2/3 cup half-and-half or 2/3 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup fat-free condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (more or less according to taste)
- 1 dash cayenne, may be omitted
- 1Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2In a pot large enough to hold all ingredients, melt margarine, remove from heat and add half-and-half or cream, sherry, parmesan and flour. Whisk well and add garlic, Cajun seasoning and cayenne, heat until sauce thickens.
- 3Add more cream (or plain milk) if too thick or whisk milk and flour together and add if too thin.
- 4Add shrimp and drained tortellini, stir gently until heated through and serve.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol V's Garlic Shrimp & Cheese Tortellini
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 215.3 mg
- Sodium 1421.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: