Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful moist cake using the 'surprise' - zucchini. It is a lovely cake which goes very quickly. I once accidentally left out the carob and it was still great.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup carob powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla and grated zucchini.
- sift flour, carob, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- Stir into creamed ingredients alternately with milk.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.