Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From our honeymoon cruise with Carnival. This chocolate pudding-centered cake was a staple on the menu in 2007, but after finding the recipe online, we can make it anytime we want. My husband and I are health conscious and this cake definitely isn't, but enjoying it about once a year just takes us back... and some things are just good for the soul. As a side note, varying times and temperatures varies in turn the center of the cake, which can be pudding-like, fudge thick or, my personal preference, molten sauce.
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
- In mixing bowl, mix eggs and sugar, then add flour. Slowly whisk into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour into greased 4-ounce ramekins.
- Bake at 400 F for 12-14 minutes.
- Makes one serving to share. Double or triple recipe for guests.
I love Carnival's chocolate melting cake. I had only ever seen this recipe in quantities to feed 300. Thank you so much for reducing it down to one serving. I was looking for an individual sized cake to give to someone for their birthday, and this was perfect for that.