La Gourmande's Note:
From our honeymoon cruise with Carnival. This chocolate pudding-centered cake was a staple on the menu in 2007, but after finding the recipe online, we can make it anytime we want. My husband and I are health conscious and this cake definitely isn't, but enjoying it about once a year just takes us back... and some things are just good for the soul. As a side note, varying times and temperatures varies in turn the center of the cake, which can be pudding-like, fudge thick or, my personal preference, molten sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
- 2In mixing bowl, mix eggs and sugar, then add flour. Slowly whisk into the melted chocolate mixture.
- 3Pour into greased 4-ounce ramekins.
- 4Bake at 400 F for 12-14 minutes.
- 5Makes one serving to share. Double or triple recipe for guests.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carnival Cruise Cake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.5
- Calories from Fat 490
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 309.0 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 48.3 g
- Protein 10.0 g