Prep 12 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this on the Carnation website. Really easy to whip up. Have taken a lick of the spoon test and it is divine.
- 370 ml evaporated milk (regular or fat free)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, white granulated
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250 ml cream, whipped
- Bring evaporated milk to boil in a saucepan. Turn off heat.
- Combine sugar, cornflour and cocoa in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- Whisk in sugar mixture, then warm milk.
- Return mixture to cleaned saucepan and place in a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook on a medium heat until mixture comes to the boil and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
- Stir in vanilla.
- If there are lumps strain through a sieve, though cooking it in a larger pot of water should eliminate the need for this.
- Chill for 2 hours to ensure whipped cream, when folded in, will not melt. Whip cream until thick and mixture holds its shape.
- Fold into the chilled chocolate mixture.
- Serve in individual glasses and decorate with berries or shaved chocolate if desired.