1/2 Photos of Caribbean Spiced Roast Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
wicked cook 46's Note:
I haven't made this yet but am keeping it here for safe keeping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces rum
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 -3 lb roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 325 F or 165°C.
- 2In a small bowl combine lime juice,rum and brown sugar. Set aside.
- 3Mix together all the spices. Place chicken in a roasting pan and Brush with the oil then rub in the spice mixture.
- 4While chicken is roasting baste with the juice, rum ,sugar mixture every 15 -20 minutes.
- 5roast for about 90 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 180 when placed in the thickest part of the thigh or juice run clear.
- 6Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Spiced Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 342.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 12.7 g