Recipe by wicked cook 46
I haven't made this yet but am keeping it here for safe keeping
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
You can really smell the cinnamon in the seasoning. I thought that it might be dominant in the flavor, but all the seasonings blended well and the chicken was so juicy. DS declared the skin the best part! Next time I may add just a tad more cayenne for a little more heat though. Great recipe, Wicked! Made for ZWT5 for Saucy Senoritas.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces rum
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 -3 lb roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 F or 165°C.
- In a small bowl combine lime juice,rum and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Mix together all the spices. Place chicken in a roasting pan and Brush with the oil then rub in the spice mixture.
- While chicken is roasting baste with the juice, rum ,sugar mixture every 15 -20 minutes.
- roast for about 90 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 180 when placed in the thickest part of the thigh or juice run clear.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.