Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another favorite caribbean inspired recipe. If you're gonna make a souffle and hesitate, try this one, it's easy and delicious. Recipe courtesy of my friend John, not sure where he got it.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream, whipped
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and lemon coloured.
- Soak the gelantine in 1 tbsp cold water themn stir until dissolved in the boiling water.
- Add to the egg mixture and blend well. Add the rum, then mix again. Last, add the stiffly beaten egg whites and the whipped cream.
- Save a bit of whipped cream for decoration on top. Served in wineglasses or your best glass bowl -- Chill in the refridgerator 2-4 hours -- .