Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Colorful and not too spicy; sure to please the whole family.
- 1 (8 ounce) package caribbean-style rice mix
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp; cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain.
- Add asparagus, shrimp and tomato to rice; toss gently. Serve.