Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Cuisine at Home. This is spicy and flavorful, but not particularly hot. Don't skip the fruit salsa - the sweetness really plays off the spicy pork. Use a commercially available salsa or make your own from one of Zaar's many options. One with pineapple works especially well
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut in 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 -2 cup fresh fruit salsa
- Combine first 4 ingredients (spices), and toss pork tenderloin to coat. Heat oil in skillet and saute pork for 5 minutes on medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kielbasa and garlic and saute an additional 5 minutes, or until kielbasa begins to brown, stirring to keep garlic from burning.
- Deglaze with lime juice and boil until syrupy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.