Prep 5 mins
Cook 336 hrs
Prep time includes infusion time. *Warning: Use rubber gloves when working with chiles (or coat your hands with oil). Be sure to wash hands thoroughly afterward.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 scallion, including green, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 chives, minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, minced
- 1 sprig parsley, minced
- 1 habanero pepper (seeded, coarsely chopped)
- 2 bird chiles
- 1 3⁄4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Place herbs and spices in the bottle.
- Add warm oil.
- Cover and let stand for 2 weeks.
- Taste the oil. If the flavor isn't strong enough, add more flavorings. You may leave the herbs in the oil or strain them out. Once the oil is infused, keep it in the refrigerator. It may get cloudy from the cold, but should clear up when it reaches room temperature. The oil should last, refrigerated, for up to 2 months.
- Use sparingly.
- Optionally if you are in a hurry to make this herb you may use a crockpot. Put all ingredients in crock and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours. Cool and bottle.
I had a BBQ this weekend, I put the oil on the table and it literally disappeared. Everybody loved it. They pour it over tomatoes, potatoes, bread, grilled chicken...everything. Thank you Nyteglori