1/1 Photo of Caribbean Grilled Scallop Salad
Boston lettuce has a mild taste and tender texture. Rinse it gently, pat dry and refrigerate with moistened paper towels until ready to assemble salad. (Total time: 16 mins.)This is a very nice and pretty salad dish. Cooking Light Magazine, August/05. Making of the salad included in prep time -- not cooling time. Update 06/19/2008 - after making this again I tweaked it a bit; the first thing I did was used a rub that I used for another dish - Spicy Grilled Shrimp Rolls With Creole Spicy Paste which added quite a kick! Also, I was remiss about including Emeril's Creole Seasoning Beef Tenderloin W/2 Sauces: Horseradish & Creole Mustard number. Also, used a vinaigrette that I had for another salad and added more of the mango chutney!!!:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons fish dry rub seasonings, divided (such as Emeril's)
- cooking spray
- 5 slices fresh pineapple (1/2-inch)
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens or 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 cups torn boston lettuce (about 2 small heads)
- 1/3 cup diced peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Prepare grill to high heat.
- 2Pat scallops dry with a paper towel.
- 3Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons fish rub evenly over scallops.
- 4Coat scallops with cooking spray.
- 5Place scallops on grill rack; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- 6Remove scallops.
- 7Add pineapple to grill rack; grill 2 minutes on each side.
- 8Remove pineapple from grill; chop pineapple.
- 9Combine salad greens, lettuce, pineapple, and avocado in a large bowl.
- 10Chop large pieces of chutney.
- 11Combine chutney, lime juice, olive oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon fish rub in a small bowl (add red pepper flakes, if using).
- 12Add dressing to salad, and toss well.
- 13Place 1 1/2 cups salad into each of 4 bowls.
- 14Arrange 3 scallops over each salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Grilled Scallop Salad
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 77.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings
gourmet salad greens