Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this sandwich on a menu at a restaurant, and wrote down the description. After some research I came up with this. I am convinced the restaurant sandwich couldn't have been better! Its an amazing dish! We left off the bun and placed all the ingredients on a plate, salad style.I know it would be out of this world on a hawaiian bun, but we can't have bread..( sigh) It also listed swiss cheese as an ingredient, and altho we didn't use it, I did post it as part of the recipe.Time does not include marinating time, nor the time to cube the mango.
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded if fresh
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 ripe mango, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 4 tomatoes, slices
- 2 slices red onions, large slices
- 2 hawaiian rolls, if making sandwiches
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Place chicken pieces in it and refrigerate for 4 hours, being sure it is covered with marinade.
- Mix together the ingredients for the mango mayo, and place in refrigerator.
- when chicken has finished marinading, grill it,and the pineapple slices til they are both perfect.
- For sandwich:
- place Chicken on bun, cover with swiss cheese, and top with pineapple slice, tomato slices, lettuce, onion slices, and top with mango mayo.
- for salad:.
- place lettuce, tomato slices, and onion slices on plate. Add chicken, and top with the cheese, then the pineapple slice. Dollop the mango mayo over all.
Oh my goodness gracious! Just made this last nite, and it isn't complicated at all. Made it exactly as it is, and its a top ten on my list! I made my own homemade Hawaiian bread and made the slices extra thick. Don't leave anything out. Everything works together to create a unique and wonderful flavor.
Amazing! This was "company good"! Loved the blend of flavors and the versitility of the recipe. I'll be making this a lot this summer.