I saw this sandwich on a menu at a restaurant, and wrote down the description. After some research I came up with this. I am convinced the restaurant sandwich couldn't have been better! Its an amazing dish! We left off the bun and placed all the ingredients on a plate, salad style.I know it would be out of this world on a hawaiian bun, but we can't have bread..( sigh) It also listed swiss cheese as an ingredient, and altho we didn't use it, I did post it as part of the recipe.Time does not include marinating time, nor the time to cube the mango.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded if fresh
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Mix together the ingredients for the marinade. Place chicken pieces in it and refrigerate for 4 hours, being sure it is covered with marinade.
- 2Mix together the ingredients for the mango mayo, and place in refrigerator.
- 3when chicken has finished marinading, grill it,and the pineapple slices til they are both perfect.
- 4For sandwich:
- 5place Chicken on bun, cover with swiss cheese, and top with pineapple slice, tomato slices, lettuce, onion slices, and top with mango mayo.
- 6for salad:.
- 7place lettuce, tomato slices, and onion slices on plate. Add chicken, and top with the cheese, then the pineapple slice. Dollop the mango mayo over all.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Or Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (751 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.7
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 369.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: