1/5 Photos of Caribbean Grilled Burger With Pineapple Sauce
From Wegman's website; posted for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb pineapple, cored
- 1 jalapeno pepper, split and seeded (wear gloves)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin, formed into 4 patties
- 4 tablespoons island jerk seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 mango, peeled, seeded, cut in thin, match-like sticks
- 4 mini sweet red peppers, sliced in rings
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 1Preheat grill on HIGH 10 minute.
- 2Coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
- 3Puree pineapple, jalapeno and molasses in blender; set aside.
- 4Coat beef patties with jerk seasoning (wear gloves).
- 5Sear first side of burger on grill about 2 min; until meat has changed color 1/4 way up from bottom.
- 6Turn and sear other side.
- 7Turn meat back over.
- 8Reduce heat to MEDIUM or LOW (Most burgers require MEDIUM; burgers thicker than 1 inch require LOW). Close lid.
- 9Cook burgers to internal temp of 160 degrees.
- 10Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of burger.
- 11Remove from grill.
- 12Place on rolls, top with sauce, lettuce, mango, and red bell pepper rings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Grilled Burger With Pineapple Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 379.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: