Prep 40 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
These are delicious. Light and fluffy with a hint of cardamom.
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 7 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cool milk till lukewarm. Sprinkle yeast on top of milk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir yeast and milk and add cardamom. Combine with egg mixture,.
- Add flour.
- Knead dough till smooth.
- Place in greased large bowl and let rise till double.
- Punch down and let rise again till double.
- Divide dough and shape into dinner size rolls.
- Place in two pans and let rise again till double.
- Brush tops with butter and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.