Recipe by COOKGIRl
From the Good Friends' Cookbook. Very few ingredients but delicious. Use the best carrots you can find-organic preferably.
- 907.18 g carrots, peeled and cut diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- 59.14 ml butter
- 19.71 ml orange zest, freshly grated and finely minced
- 8 whole cardamom pods, shelled and seeds pounded in a pestle and mortar (or 1/2-1 tsp. ground cardamom)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam carrots for 5 to 7 minutes or just until tender and still bright orange.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat; add grated orange rind and cardamom and saute 1 minute.
- Toss carrots in butter mixture until heated through. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish and enjoy!