Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Gourmet. October 2004.
Make and share this Caraway Salt Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- Knead oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds into dough in a large bowl until oil is absorbed, then divide dough into 16 pieces.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and let stand 30 minutes.
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll each piece of dough into a thin log as long as the width of your baking sheets.
- Divide logs between 2 ungreased baking sheets, then brush lightly with some of egg wash and sprinkle with salt and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds.
- Bake breadsticks, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until just golden, about 25 minutes.