Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Gourmet. October 2004.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 lb frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 egg, mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 3 -4 teaspoons coarse salt (to taste)
- Knead oil and 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds into dough in a large bowl until oil is absorbed, then divide dough into 16 pieces.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and let stand 30 minutes.
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll each piece of dough into a thin log as long as the width of your baking sheets.
- Divide logs between 2 ungreased baking sheets, then brush lightly with some of egg wash and sprinkle with salt and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds.
- Bake breadsticks, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until just golden, about 25 minutes.