Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My oldest daughter always looked for these in the tin of goodies Grandma brought to our house on Christmas. Good luck getting one if she found them first. These take a while but are so creamy good. A great teacher gift.
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Mix everything into a sauce pan.
- Bring to boiling point over a slow flame, stirring constantly.
- Cook until hard ball stage, still stirring slowly.
- Remove from heat and pour into a buttered 8" square pan.
- Cool, cut into squares.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Store in covered tin with layers of wax paper between.