Recipe by WiGal
DH and I eat a lot of sweet potatoes-usually baked- so this is special treat for us and can easily be split for only the two of us. It is faster this way than baked and I always have the ingredients on hand. It originally came from Better Homes and Gardens. I have reduced the sugar after Kumquat's kind review.
Top Review by awalde
I had two bigg sweet potatoes to use so this recipe was perfect for us and this dish was really tasty and good! For this recipe I used fresh rosemary from the garden. The house smelled sooo goood! Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 2 large yellow onions, cut in 3/4-inch chunks
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick (or 1#)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook onions in margarine over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until onions are nearly tender, stir frequently.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are NEARLY tender, stirring occasionally. Notice that in last step you are cooking a bit longer.
- Uncover skillet; add brown sugar and rosemary.
- Cook over medium low heat for 4-5 minutes or until onions and sweet potatoes are glazed, stirring gently occasionally.