My favorite side dish! Comparable to Ruth's Chris's!
Make and share this Caramelized Sweet Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Boil sweet potatos for 15 mins, let it sit for 15 mins, boil another 15 mins, let it sit another 15-30 minutes.
- Mash potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crust mixture brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix well. Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least about 15-30 minutes before serving for the crust to harden.