Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious way to serve spaghetti squash.
- 2 lbs spaghetti squash
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cut the squash in half and carefully remove the seeds. Turn upside down in a baking pan. Bake at 375-degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then using a fork, scrape out squash into serving bowl.
- While squash is cooling, cut bacon with scissors into 1 inch pieces. Cook bacon to half done. Drain off most of bacon grease.
- Add onions and garic to bacon in pan. Cook together until bacon crisps and onions caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Pour bacon/onion mixture over squash. Season with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
Greatrecipe, but there's no possible way to caramelize onions in 5 minutes. I let mine cook on low heat for 30 minutes (while the squash was cooking) until TRULY caramelized and sweet and it was delicious.
I've made this recipe twice and can't get enough of it. You can vary the amount of bacon you use to lessen the amount of meat in the dish (although absolutely fry the onions in bacon fat, so yummy.) Easy to prep, minimal ingredients but still lots of flavor.
My husband, who would rather have his toenails pulled out than eat vegetables, had two servings of this. Need I say more?