Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gorgonzola just may be my favorite cheese and onions that are carmelized ar so delicious. Together they make a really great grown up pizza. When making pizza I use Beth's pizza crust Beth's Pizza Crust
- 2 Boboli pizza crusts, shells or 2 your favorite prepared pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large vidalia onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with brown sugar. Add onions; cooking until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Brush dough with olive oil. Combine the basil, oregano, and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough.
- Arrange onions over crusts; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
This was absolutely delicious. I used my own homemade crust and subbed crumbled goat cheese for the gorgonzola. Tasted better than anything you can get at a restaurant. I will definitely make this again.
Yummy! Hubby and I really enjoyed this recipe. Little Miss (DD) said she didn't like it, but she ate one slice. I used two brown onions to get a better coverage on the base of the pizza and made my own pizza crust (Pizza Dough (For Bread Machine)). The flavour was truly wonderful, crispy crust with a sweet topping. Served with a green salad. Thank you invictus
Yum! I loved the sweetness of the onions with the tang of the cheese. I used Danish bleu cheese. I used a whole grain tortilla for the crutst. It's perfect for one person. Thanks for a treat! Made for the Please Review My Recipe game.