Gorgonzola just may be my favorite cheese and onions that are carmelized ar so delicious. Together they make a really great grown up pizza. When making pizza I use Beth's pizza crust Beth's Pizza Crust
- 2 Boboli pizza crusts, shells or 2 your favorite prepared pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large vidalia onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with brown sugar. Add onions; cooking until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Brush dough with olive oil. Combine the basil, oregano, and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough.
- Arrange onions over crusts; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.