Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Canadian Living Cooks. Great with crudites, pita wedges, chips.. the possiblities are endless!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, quartered (about 8 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups light sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until evenly golden, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or using knife, finely chop mushrooms.
- Add to pan along with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium-high; sauté until no liquid remains, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scrape into bowl; let cool.
- Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise and half of the chives; transfer to serving bowl.
- (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.) Sprinkle with remaining chives.
I CAN"T KEEP THIS DIP IN THE HOUSE!!! my huband makes me make it once a week!!!
I really enjoyed this dip! I had these with saltines, cause they were on hand. I loved the onion and mushroom taste with the sour cream! I may serve this on Christmas with vegs., chips, etc.Thanks for posting this!