Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this recipe from a good friend. She said the recipe originally called for white sugar & pan sauteeing, but that baking these instead allows Mother Nature to make her own caramelized goodness.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, rinsed & cut in halves
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Brussels sprouts & carrots in steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan & steam 8-10 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender yet crisp.
- Transfer sprouts, carrots & onion strips to large baking dish and sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned.
- Serve immediately, or put into a casserole dish & cover in a 200 degree oven until ready serve.