Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a magazine; sounds fancy but easy to make!
- 78.07 ml golden raisin
- 44.37 ml cognac (brandy or apple juice)
- 907.18 g pink lady apples (or other soft cooking apple)
- 118.29-158.51 ml sugar (depending on tartness of apples)
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, divided
- 14.79 ml grated orange peel
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 0.25 ml salt
- 177.44 ml pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Soak raisins in cognac (brandy or apple juice) in a small bowl.
- Peel and coarsely chop apples (yeild a generous 6 cups).
- Bring all ingredients (except 1 Tbs butter, raisins and pecans) to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 20-25 minutes or until apples are very soft, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs butter.
- Cook uncovered 5-8 minutes or until apples are light brown and caramelized, stirring frequently.
- Stir in raisins and pecans, cook 1 minute.
- Serve warm or cool completely; cover and store in refrigerator.
I halved this for lunch making 2 cups for lunch for myself, Used a dash of allspice, apple juice, 1/2 cup sugar, and a couple pink lady apples. Made for a refreshing great lunch, and will try this again with the family. Made for Rookie Tag.
So good and quick to make. Serve it in fancy glasses over ice cream and you have a company worthy dessert. Made for photo tag and this is definitely a keeper.
I put this in the crockpot as I doubled the recipe and left it all day and it is fabulous. Beautiful colour and flavour. Made for everyday is a Holiday.