Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in a school cookbook. Cooking time doesn't include the cooling time. The size of the package of brownie mix is 1 lb. 3.5 oz.
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine first 4 ingredients.
- Beat 50 strokes with a wooden spoon.
- Be sure the mixture is well combined.
- Spread into the greased pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until test done.
- While brownies are baking melt caramels and milk in a small pan over low heat.
- Stir this occasionally until the mixture is smooth.
- Keep the caramel mixture warm.
- As soon as you take the brownies out of the oven sprinkle with the chocolate chips and pecans or whatever nut you are using.
- Drizzle the warm caramel mixture over the top.
- Cool 1 hour or until brownies are completely cooled.
- Then cut them into bars.
This brownie recipe is very good and verrrrrrry rich. The caramels are now out for Halloween so I purchased a bag to make this recipe. I topped the bownies with mini chocolate chips and nuts, but I think that I will omit the chocolate chips next time I make these, as the brownie with the caramel on top is rich enough on it's own. Thanks bullwinkle for a great recipe, this is a keeper!...Kitten:)