Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughter loves these. Note: Walnuts can be omitted without negatively affecting the recipe. Sustitute pecans if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x9x2 baking pan.
- Mix sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- In separate bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until well-incorporated.
- Add walnuts.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While brownies are in oven, heat caramels and milk over low heat (or in double boiler) and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle caramel over warm brownies.
- Cool completely before cutting into 4 rows by 4 rows.