Recipe by Melanie Murray
What can I say? YUMMY!!!!!!!! Especially for caramel lovers like myself. This is a winner everywhere I take it. :)
- 5 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 lb caramel
- 1⁄2 cup hot milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apples and water in saucepan.
- Cover and steam about 3 minutes.
- Drain and spread apples on cookie sheet to cool quickly.
- Arrange slices in 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, pecans, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and melted butter or margarine; sprinkle over apples Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
- While pie is baking, combine caramels and hot milk in top of a double boiler; cook until caramels are melted.
- Pour the hot caramel sauce over tope of pie and continue baking for additional 10 minutes.
- Cool before serving.