Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Vogue Cooking and Entertaining - an easy dessert!
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tangelos or 2 oranges, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur (optional)
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add fruit pieces and caster sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cook on medium-high until sugar caramelises.
- Remove from heat as soon as browning process begins otherwise it can burn.
- Sit in lemon juice and Cointreau.
Have been given a huge bag of tangelos and was wondering what to do with them, apart from eat them, as they are so juicy and sweet. Luckily I found this recipe! Excellent - a very sophicated taste. I only had brandy in the cupboard and it was a lovely addition but will try with Cointreau next time. I think I will use this recipe for Christmas day lunch, puree it to a sauce consistency and pour over Christmas pud. Thankyou Wendy's kitchen. I'll think of you at Christmas when the credits come rolling in!
Grab your best vanilla ice cream to serve this over. I made these from some oranges that I had candied the peel....nothing goes to waste at our house. Definitely an "adult" dessert.